Skip to main content

Memorial Day

Jean’s Yoga Lovenote May 28, 2017
On this memorial day weekend, I want to send out thanks and appreciation for all those who have served our country so that we may live a life of freedom.  We are so fortunate to live in America and I am thankful to all those who have served to make it such a wonderful place to be.
Memorial Day posters available for download > U.S. Air Force ...

"Begin each day with optimism and end each day with forgiveness. Happiness in life begins and ends within your heart." ~Doe Zantamata 
As the weather warms up and the flowers are popping open all over, I am finding my desire to do yoga has moved to the outdoors.  There is so much benefit to being outside for our well being.  The fresh air, and the green and blue outdoor colors are very healing to our souls.  I have set a goal for myself to walk for 30 minutes each day for 30 days.  (so far I am 10 days in!)  When I get started each day to do my walk, I do some yoga stretches before and after I walk to make sure I am warmed up and limber for the walks.  
File_002.jpeg
What can you do to get yourself outside a bit more?
Here are some ideas for some small step can you make to do some yoga stretches and get outside. 
  • Wake up a few minutes early to get outside before you get your day started and do a few sun salutations.
  • Take a short walk after dinner before you settle in for the evening.
  • Schedule a 15 minute walk after work and before you head home.
  • Modify where you park for work so that you have to take a little bit longer of a walk to get to your work area.
  • Call a buddy and ask them to join you for a walk.  Show them one or 2 of your favorite yoga moves.
  • Take short walk at lunch.  Breathe 10 deep full breaths when you start and end.
  • Play this on your phone and go out on your porch and dance a little!
Think of something that is doable FOR YOU and get started.   And all you really need to do to get into a yogic state of mind is to take some deep breathes and walk.  This will make you feel better and uplift your spirits.  You are important! Take a little time for you!  Let me know what you come up with for ideas to get a little yoga stretching and movement into your life!

File_000.jpeg
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

Next one is Sunday  June 11 at 3:30 pm at Rivershore Preserve In Richmond VT
Sign up here!
It will be you, me, yoga stretches, mindfulness practices, and short journal writes.  I’ll take you on some of my favorite walking paths and trails in the local area.  We will meet on site where we will be walking.  Directions will come when you sign up here!  
Sample Agenda:
  • Meet in the parking lot near the walking location
  • Find a little nook or spot to stop and do some warm up yoga stretches
  • Pull an angel card and take some deep breathes
  • Begin walking while we focus on our senses
  • What we hear, touch, see, taste, smell.  Focus on one or all of these.
  • Gently we will walk and observe, talking with a friend or quietly walking on our own.
  • After our walk we will sit and do a brief journal prompt that will allow us time to put down on paper some of the observations of our walk.
  • Close and head home!
If you know anyone who would like to join the Springtime OUTDOOR Mindfulness Walking Series please share this link with them.  
Thank you!  I am looking forward to see you on the walks!
http://jeansyogaforall.blogspot.com/2013/11/giving-thanks.html
Want Jean to do some yoga for your and your neighbors?
Does your neighborhood want to do some outdoor yoga classes for the summer months?  Do you have some space in your yard where we might gather?  I am taking requests to teach once a week yoga classes in your neighborhood for June - August 2017.  If this is something you think you and your neighbors might want to set up, please contact me and we can discuss.  I have 2 weekly spots in my schedule available.  Evening, weekend or early morning times are available.

Please email me  if you have questions or comments.  I love hearing from you.
My wish for you today is health in your body, peace in your mind and love in your heart,

Jean
You are receiving this because you signed up at  www.jeansyogaforall.com