Skip to main content

March 26, 2017 Lovenote!

Breathe in Gratitude, Breathe out Love!
Hello Yogis!  Welcome to Lovenote March 26, 2017!  
Do you ever find yourself ever being frustrated by other people and not sure what to do about it?  I do!  Perhaps someone says something that is hurtful or controlling or confusing.  What do you do?  My normal reaction is to take it on; internalizing it.  I start to worry about what I did wrong.  Or I think I did something to create this reaction from another.  Sometimes I  pull back and shut down.  This can cause a whole series of health issues like being anxious, not sleeping well, overeating or indulging in comforts that make you avoid thinking about that uncomfortable situation.  That is no good for you or for your well being!
In an effort to counteract these types of less healthy reactions I began this week trying another approach.  I have a phrase that I have been using. “Let It Be.”   There are many ways to interpret this phrase.
Let it be.
Let it be bold.
Let it be soft.
Let it be over.
Let it be about them and not me.
Let it be free.
So if you find yourself in a bumpy situation with another person, how about giving this a try.  Light a candle and say to yourself, “Let it be.”
See if that helps.  :)
letitbe.jpg
If YOU have any great ways that you use handle difficult situations, I would love to hear about them and share them with our Lovenote readers.  We all have these situations occur so let’s help each other by sharing ideas.

Quote of the week -
Let it Be,
Let it Be,
Let it Be,
Let it Be,
Whisper words of wisdom,
Let it Be.

Pose of the week  - Warrior 2 - Virabhadrasana 2
This is a great pose for feeling strong and able to handle difficult situations. :)
IMG_5432.JPG
Begin standing at the back end of your mat.
Step your right foot forward about 4 to 5 feet.
Keep your front foot pointing straight ahead.
Turn your back foot towards the front left corner of your mat.
Raise your arms parallel to the floor and reach them actively out to the sides, shoulder blades wide, palms down.
Pull your left hip back, and your right hip forward.
Begin to bend your right knee into a right angle, so that the shin is perpendicular to the floor.
Turn the head to the right and look out over the tips of your right hand fingers.
Breathe in, exhale
Breathe in, exhale
Breathe in, exhale
Stay for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Inhale to come up.
Reverse the feet and repeat for the same length of time to the left.

Gratitude of the week -  This week I am grateful for the sunshine that has been brightening up the days.  How I love the longer days that come with the spring that is here finally.  Living in New England is full of changing seasons.   My favorite season is spring because all the life that has been resting underground and inside starts to come alive again.  There are buds peeking out of the ground, more people outside walking, riding bikes and getting active.  How great it is to come back to life in our outer and inner worlds.

If you would like to join me for a flow yoga class you can find me at:
The Edge in Williston, VT, Flow Yoga - Tuesday mornings at 6am every week.
I’ll also be teaching yin yoga classes on Tuesday March 28 at 3:30pm in Richmond.  Email me for more information if you are interest.

See you next week!
My wish for you today is health in your body, peace in your mind and love in your heart,
Jean


SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY LOVENOTE HERE
If you know anyone who may enjoy these weekly notes, please share with them.