Skip to main content

April 1, 2017 Lovenote!

Breathe in Gratitude, Breathe out Love!
Hello Yogis!  Welcome to Lovenote April 1,  2017!
As I opened my eyes this morning and looked out my window, a white blanket covered the trees outside my window.  This is no April fools!  There was snow that had fallen last night in my corner of Vermont!
File_003.jpeg
I was hoping that maybe our Vermont Spring was ready to come but good ol’ winter winds are at it again and 4 inches or so of snow fell!  Oh well, this is Vermont, just wait a few minutes and the weather will change!!
Give this a listen:  Sometimes it snows in April

In the meantime, I have been having fun teaching a new yin yoga class to some elementary/middle school teachers.  Yin yoga is a cooling nurturing yoga practice that does not force any poses.  Instead, you coax your body into relaxing and holding poses for 3 - 5 minutes.  This allows passive movement where you stretch connective tissues while relaxing your body and mind.  Those who attended have reported back to me that they feel stretched and calm after doing yin yoga (if not a bit sore too!).  It is restorative practice AND you get to use lots of pillows which is a big plus in my mind!!
yinyoga.jpg  
If you want to give a yin yoga pose a try, set your timer for 3 minutes and then get yourself into child pose.  Just let yourself completely relax and softly breath in and out.  Try to stay in the pose for the full 3 minutes.
Balasana.JPGChild pose - Balasana
 
Quote of the week -
Spring is when Life’s Alive in Everything.     - Christina Rossetti
 
Gratitude of the week -  This week I am grateful for the beautiful birds I have seen in the trees and the seeds that I purchased at the store to plant in the garden soon!  As the days are getting longer I am happy to be seeing more sunshine and dreaming about the garden.
 
What’s classes does Jean have coming up?
I am putting together a springtime OUTDOOR mindfulness walking series! 

Yoga Walking & Mindfulness will be on Monday afternoons from 4 - 5:30pm.  This will be a series where we will take 1.5 hours to take a beautiful walk in some of our most beautiful local settings.  Places that I am going to be taking the group to will include but are not limited to:
  • Mills River Park in Jericho
  • Indian Brook Reservoir in Essex
  • The Rivershore Preserve in Richmond
  • A lovely loop in the woods around Mount Mansfield High School in Jericho.  
Each session will include a short mindfulness meditation & some yoga stretches to warm-up. Then we will take an hour long walk focusing on staying mindful as we walk.
I am still getting the details worked out but if you are interested Please email me  letting me know you are interested and I will let you know when you can sign-up.  Have any thoughts or suggestions for these walks?  Let me know those too!

My wish for you today is health in your body, peace in your mind and love in your heart,
Jean

SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY LOVENOTE HERE
If you know anyone who may enjoy these weekly notes, please share with them.