Skip to main content

March 11, 2017 Lovenote!

Hello Yogis!  Welcome to Lovenote March 11, 2017!  
How is your week going?  The weather here in Vermont has taken a turn to the cold side.  I am happy to report that my trip to Boulder Colorado was a wonderful time and I enjoyed visiting with my son and hiking and adventuring in the area.  It is soooo very beautiful there. Here are a few pictures to give you a taste of “Big Sky Country”!
IMG_5407.JPG
Hiking in the Flatirons, Boulder Colorado
20170304_134828.jpg
Longs Peak is the high peak on the right.
Hiking at Rabbit Mountain in Lyons, Colorado

Quote of the week -
I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing, as though I had wings. ~ Mary Oliver

Pose of the week  - Getting upside down! Handstand anyone??!!
OK, so maybe you are thinking, “Jean, there is no way I can do a handstand!”  That is perfectly ok!   Do know that getting upside down (in any way that you can manage) is a good way to get a different perspective on things?  It can be something as simple as hanging your head over the edge of a bed or couch.  Give it a try.  Just let your head gently rest toward the ground, take 3 deep breathes and then come back up slowly.  Once you are upright take 3 more deep breathes.
This is especially good to do when you are having a hard time making a decision or coming up with a solution to a problem or issue.  It literally let’s you look at things in a different way.  After getting upside down you may find that a new answer or idea pops into your head.  Give it a try and let me know if you find it useful!  
IMG_5429.JPG
This is me having fun in Boulder!
Gratitude of the week -  
This week I am grateful for the opportunity to travel to new places, get new perspectives on living and feel what it is like to be in a higher elevation and much drier and warmer location.  Colorado was all of these things.  I feel blessed that I have the chance to travel and doing so gives me an opportunity to be around new people and places and gets the creative juices flowing.  I love trying new foods and seeing all the beauty that this country has to offer.  

If you would like to join me for a yoga class you can find me at:
The Edge in Williston, VT, Flow Yoga - Tuesday mornings at 6am every week.

I’ll also be teaching yin yoga classes on Tuesday March 21 and 28 at 3:30pm in Richmond.  Email me for more information if you are interest.

Clock, Time, Time Indicating, ...

Don’t forget that this week is time to turn the clocks ahead an hour!  The days are getting longer and warm weather is coming!  How great is that!!!!

My wish for you today is health in your body, peace in your mind and love in your heart,
Jean

SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY LOVENOTE HERE
If you know anyone who may enjoy these weekly notes, please share with them.