Skip to main content

Feb 26, 2017 Lovenote

Hello Yogis!  Welcome to Lovenote Feb 26, 2017!  
Wow, this has been a really full week leading up to a vacation week for me.  In the midst of winter, my job working in a school district gives me a winter break that has finally arrived.  I got home from work Friday and found myself in a tired and not so great mood.  After decompressing and talking it over with a friend, I am finding that I feel better but yowza was it time for a change of pace!  
I am reveling in the thought of a reset and doing some different things for a little while.  I attended a yin yoga teacher training this weekend at Laughing River Yoga in Winooski, VT.  It is located on the Winooski River in the Chase Mill.  It is a lovely studio owned by Emily Garrett who taught the amazing workshop that I attended. Yin yoga is a slower paced practice where you come into poses and hold them for longer periods of time. I learned  a lot about the practice and am eager to start teaching some yin yoga to my students.  It set the stage for a great vacation week to come.  If you get a chance, stop by there for a yoga class.  Emily is a fantastic teacher.  

LRY.jpg
Here a beautiful sculpture of “The Dancer” on the Winooski River.
Quote of the week
To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.  - Bindi Irwin

Pose of the week  - Corpse Pose - Savasana
savasana.jpg
Lay down on your back on your mat.
Have your legs long and let the feet fall out to the sides.
Have your hands at hip level and palms are facing up.
Make any subtle adjustments in your neck, back, legs and head.
Take a deep breath in and out.
Now just let your breath return to its natural soft inhale and exhale.
Watch your breath flow in and out.
If your mind wanders, just bring it back to watching your breath when you realize you have drifted.
Stay here for at least 5 minutes.
Gradually wiggle your fingers and toes.
Roll over onto your right side and curl up.
Come up to seated position and softly let your eyes open.
Smile!
Gratitude of the week -
I am grateful that I am able to travel.  Tomorrow  I’ll be flying off to Boulder, Colorado, to visit my son.  It will be a welcome change of scenery.  I am super psyched to have some fun in Boulder visiting him and other friends who are out there.  Hopefully I can attend a yoga class or 2 while I am there too.
In our day to day pace of life we chug along in routines that sometimes cause us stress on our minds, our bodies and our spirit.  I feel like all three of those areas could use some TLC in the next week that I am off from my work.  How blessed and grateful I am for these breaks to do this important work in self care.

I love to travel.  How about you?  I’ve been taking 3 - 4 trips per year for the past few years. It is so fun to experience new places, cultures and environments that traveling allows. Where do you like to travel?  Where is your favorite spot that you have gone to?  Why did you like it so much?  Email me here and I’ll share the results next week.  I’ll also share a few pics from my Boulder journey!  Happy Trails!   See you next week!
My wish for you today is health in your body, peace in your mind and love in your heart,
Jean

SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY LOVENOTE HERE 
If you know anyone who may enjoy these weekly notes, please share with them.