Skip to main content

Feb 3 2017 Lovenote

Hello Yogis!  Welcome to February!  
I am delighted to be spending time doing lots more yoga this month.   I am starting my year off with some new motivation and excitement about yoga, peace, and community.  In this world of tumultuous times, I think it is time for us to stick together, support each other and this is my little way of doing that with you!  I hope you are in and enjoy this communication.  
https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2015/09/14/07/48/candles-939237_960_720.jpg
As part of my start to 2017 I chose a word to motivate me for the year.  My word is “illuminate” and I am delighted at how great this word feels to inspire me each day.  If you want to read more about how I chose my word for 2017 you can read about it here.  In the spirit of ILLUMINATION, I am going to start sending out a little weekly lovenote to you and it will include some of my musings for the week.  I would love to hear from you on your thoughts, inspirations and suggestions.

Quote of the Week
The world of the future is in our making.  The future is now.
- Eleanor Roosevelt


Pose of the Week

Downward Facing Dog Pose - Adho Mukha Svanasana

downdog.jpg
Come onto the ground on your hands and knees.
Have your hips directly above your knees.
Place your hands under your shoulders.
Spread your palms, index fingers parallel or slightly turned out, and turn your toes under.
Exhale and lift your knees off the floor and straighten your legs.
Make your body into an upside down V shape.
Lengthen your tailbone up.
Drop your head down.
Stretch your heels onto or down toward the floor. Straighten your knees but be sure not to lock them.
Firm the outer thighs.
Firm the outer arms and press the pads of the fingers actively into the floor.
Firm your shoulder blades against your back.
Keep the head between the upper arms; don't let it hang.
Breathe in.
Exhale.
Breathe in.
Exhale.
Breathe in.
Exhale.
Now drop your knees to the ground and rest.
Thought of the week
This week has been a bit turbulent in the political arena.  Perhaps even your week at work or home was a bit off.  I know for me, when things aren’t flowing right around me or in the world in general, it sets me off kilter.  I know then it is time to slow down a bit and take some time to regroup and take care of myself.  If I don’t take care of myself then it is harder to give to others. What little thing can you do for you that is kind and loving?  
  • Take a bath before bed
  • Make some healthy food for dinner
  • Get outside for a walk
  • Fill your bird feeder and watch the birds for a little while
  • Get some nice lotion and rub it into your feet

Gratitude of the week
This week I am grateful for freedom.  Freedom to do work that I enjoy, to live in a beautiful state of Vermont and freedom to be a strong and healthy in my life.

Reply here and tell me something that you are grateful for!  Or share an idea that you like to do to take care of yourself.

My wish for you today is health in your body, peace in your mind and love in your heart,
Jean
SIGN UP FOR MY WEEKLY LOVENOTE HERE 
If you know anyone who may enjoy these weekly notes, please share with them.