Skip to main content

IPhone and Inner Peace

I must share a recent story that happened to me.  My son and I were both long overdue for new phones, using very “retro” models that no longer served our needs.  We pre-ordered phones with the new release of the IPhone 5c, we got green 32 GB phones ordered up at Best Buy.  When we showed up on the release day to get our phones there was much confusion with the clerks at the phone counter.  Their computers were messing up big time and everything was taking a really long time to get the phones activated.  We finally though we had sealed the deal and headed home.

The next day I get some calls and texts and emails from my son saying that he is getting charged for every text and call he makes.  Something was fishy in Denmark…...So I did the only thing I could do.  I got nice and comfy on the couch and called up my helper queen at At&T, Christine.  When I told her of the few issues we were having, she began looking at the account and phrases like,”How did this get so messed up?”  She then had to put me on hold and talk with her manager.  I knew that was not a good sign.

Long story short, I was probably on the phone for at least an hour with her trying to get things figured out.  I made a conscious decision that I was going to be really calm during the phone call and not get upset.  Believe me, I really had the potential to blow up and get really frustrated. Especially when she told me they had set us up with an international payment plan for Mexico!  Say What?!  So I just told her that I was fine and let’s get this working.  She kept apologizing profusely.  I told her it was ok.  I asked her if most people she talked with were grumpy and unpleasant.  She said she deals with about 30 calls a day and most people were unpleasant.  She said that for my troubles she was going to clear the bill since all this happened and give me a $25 credit on the phone bill!  Score!  A miracle.  Aside from feeling good about that I also hung up the phone feeling at peace and glad that I was able to make her day by not being ugly about the situation.  This is how I integrate my love for yoga and technology.  
If I had not learning about Buddha nature in my recent meditation, I would not have been as calm during the service call and feeling good afterwards for how I reacted!  Inner Peace is flowing and it is divine!

Fall Blessings to you!